Canon Printer Setup on Windows 10 system is a simple task, and you can finish the Setup simply by following a few easy steps for each Windows system. This article is designed with step-by-step details for completing Printing Setup for Canon using Windows.
How do I go about it? What steps are there to follow for Canon printer setup? How to Setup and Install Printer Guide?
How do I Install Canon Printer Setup on Windows 10 System?
In this comprehensive guide, we’ve divided the Canon Printer configuration process on Windows into three parts.
1. Initial steps to begin Setup for a brand new Canon Printer.
2. Canon Printer Driver Software installation on Windows.
3. Add Canon printer to Window System.
4. Initial efforts to start Setup for a brand new Canon Printer.
If you’re not aware of the basic steps for Canon Printer Setup on Windows, Follow the following steps.
The points listed are valid for all Canon printers connected wireless or through USB.
- Carefully unpack the Canon Printer box.
- Remove your Canon printer and its accessories from the plastic cover’s bubble.
- Please keep the device in a secure location (Including the installation CD-ROM, Setup Guide Cable and Guide, etc.)
- Place it on a safe and level surface on the Canon Printer.
- It is beneficial if you read this Setup Manual guide thoroughly.
- The power supply is linked to both the Printer and the power socket.
- Install the cartridge in the Printer.
- Paper Tray can be used to fill in blank paper.
- Connect the Printer and the operating system via the USB cable.
- Turn on both the Printer and the computer.
- If you’re using a wireless printer, connect it to the wifi network.
- Read the entire article if you’re not sure how to connect a wireless Canon printer to a wifi network. The steps to take are outlined in the pages that follow.
- Install the Canon Printer driver software on your computer or laptop.
- If you’re not sure how to install and download Canon driver software for printers, you can read the entire article. The steps are similar on the following pages.
- Check out the steps below to finish the rest of the setup process.
The method is to join a Wireless Canon Printer with a wifi Network.
Today, a few access points/routers/hubs have the WPS (wifi Protected Setup) button. This allows Canon Printers to connect with the wireless network. Canon Printer to communicate with the wireless network without entering the User ID or Password. It’s an easy way to connect your devices.
Follow the following steps to connect your Printer to the Router.
- Check that the Printer is turned on.
- To connect to wifi, select the top option on the Printer.
- Press and hold the wifi button for a few seconds or until the light indicator illuminates.
- Then, on the access point, press the WPS button.
- The Printer will now start looking for an accessible wifi network. The indicator will be blinking during this time.
- When the Canon Printer is connected to the wifi router, the light will not blink and will remain illuminated.
- A Print Test can be used to verify network connectivity.
- You can print a copy of your network settings to confirm that the connection between the Printer and your wireless network is secure.
- For this, follow the steps below:
Switch on the Printer and put A4 sheets of paper blank in the paper tray. Push the Resume/Cancel button, and keep it in place until the indicator blinks about. 15 times. Now, move your finger away from the button and let it go. The Printer will print the page with the details related to the network settings.
- When printing, your connection will be Active, and the SSID (Service Set Identifier) displays the correct name for this wireless Router. If both conditions are in line, the Setup of the Printer and the wifi network have been completed.
Canon Printer installation on Windows 10, 8, 7.
In the second phase of Canon Printer Setup on Windows, it is necessary to download and install Canon Printer Driver software on your laptop/computer. The software can be downloaded using the installation CD with the printer accessory. If you do not own an installation CD for your software, you can download it on the Canon Official website as per the model of your Printer.
Today, various wireless printer models are in use that do not require you to download or install a driver, specifically for Canon’s wireless Printer.
The following are the two ways to install Canon Printer Driver on Windows systems:
1. Canon Printer Driver Install via CD-ROM.
2. Canon Printer Driver installation via the official site.
In addition to these steps, We have also provided more details on opening the Window for Setting Up Printer Drivers?
Canon Printer Driver installation via CD-ROM.
- Insert Printer Driver CD-ROM into CD-ROM drive.
- Open My Computer.
- Hit the CD-ROM drive icon.
- Double click in PCL or the UFRII folder.
- To begin the installation process, Double-click on to open the Setup.exe icon.
- The new tab will appear with the name PCL/UFR II Setup Wizard of Printer Drivers…
- Press Next.
- Select “YES” to signify your consent to The License Agreement (Make sure you understand the license agreement before clicking Yes).
- Choose Manually Set Port to Install and Press Next.
- A prompt will be displayed in the display.
If Canon Driver Information Assist Service is installed on your computer and protected by Windows Firewall, choose from the Yes or No list.
- Choose Yes If you wish to eliminate the Windows Firewall block set against Canon Driver Information Assist Service. It will assist you in configuring the Printer by itself or accessing the Job Accounting feature.
- Choose No If you don’t wish to use Canon Driver Information Assist Service.
- Press Next.
- A pop-up window will open when drivers have been installed through the installer.