In this article, we have explained the detailed procedure of connecting Canon printers with wireless settings.
You can easily connect the Canon printer to the wifi network by following these steps.
It established the connection between wifi To Your Canon printer and a commanding device through a shared connection or wifi. Therefore, put the printer on the same wifi network as your computer.
WPS Connection – Using WPS to Connect a Canon Printer to a Wireless Network
Before following this method, ensure that your wifi router has a WPS button. Also, the router must use WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Begin by turning on the printer by pressing the power button. Also, turn on your wifi router using the WPS Button.
- Then, navigate to the printer’s ‘Home’ from the touch screen and press and hold the ‘Wifi’ button.
- Next, select the ‘LAN Wireless Setup’ option and press the ‘OK’ button. At this moment, your printer will search for the access point of your wireless network.
- Choose your wifi Network (named Canon in your router setting).
- After that, hit on the wifi access point to ask for a passphrase or WPA Key. Enter your wifi password and click the ‘OK’ button. This process will take a few moments to establish the connection of the Canon printer with your wifi router access point.
- Now, the Canon printer and the router will automatically connect at this point.
- When the wireless connection is made, the power and the wifi light will stop flashing. Instead, they will continuously remain lit after the contact.
How to Connect a Canon Wireless Printer to a Computer in Windows
- The First step is to connect the printer to the wifi network and set it up ( followed by the above steps).
- Then download the printer driver by visiting here canon.com/ijsetup
- After that, double click on the downloaded file, complete the installation process and go to the next steps.
- To open the Run command, press the Windows Key + R.
- Type this command in the Run dialogue box- control/name Microsoft. Devices And Printers
- Click OK
- The ‘Devices And Printers’ folder will now be displayed.
- On this window, you will see the ‘Add Printer’ button.
- Click on the Add Printer and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Complete this process and click on OK.
You have now completed the Canon wireless printer connection process on Windows. You can begin using your printer by printing a test page.
Remarks – If you want to connect your Canon printer to your PC or laptop via USB, make sure that the USB Cable properly connects the printer and PC. Then, as previously mentioned, download and install the drivers.
How to Connect Canon Wireless Printer on MAC
By following these steps mentioned below, you can set up a Canon wireless printer on MAC.
- First, turn on your Mac device and Canon Printer.
- Then, connect the Canon printer to the wireless network by following the steps discussed in the first section of this write-up.
- Then, go to canon.com/ijsetup to download the driver. Now complete the driver installation process.
- Then, click on the Apple menu > Click System and Preference.
- From the following prompt screen, select ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- After that, click on the + sign to add the printer.
- Select your Canon printer from the pop-up window and click on “add”.
- Once your printer is added, you can see the printer’s name on the left side of your screen.
- Finally, your Canon wireless printer is successfully connected to Mac.
So if you are looking for Why ‘canon printer not connecting to wifi‘, follow above mention steps to complete setup on windows and mac.