Canon Pixma MX490 is a wireless printer that allows users to print on any device that doesn’t have a USB cable. However, when we try to print a critical document on our PC, it appears It’s a pain for the user to try to fix this issue with the offline Printer on a Windows 10 machine.
There are two reasons Canon’s Pixma MX490 printer is offline when you run Windows 10. First, there is a disconnect between wireless devices, such as printers and routers.
Best Ways to switch Canon MX490 Printer Offline to Online
Step 1: Ensure that your Canon Pixma MX490 Printer is ON and there are no errors on the screen.
- If the LCD screen on your Canon printer is blank, the printer may not be turned on.
- Wake it up if it’s sleeping.
- If the power is still not working, so make sure you check your power cord.
- The LCD screen should be checked for any errors. If you see errors, try fixing the error and resolving the issue.
Step 2: Ensure that the Canon MX490 Printer is connected to your computer using USB or WiFi.
- If you’re using a USB cable, make sure it’s connected on both ends (Printer or computer).
- Join the Canon Pixma MX490 directly to your computer’s USB port, not through a USB hub connection.
- If the reference is made via an Ethernet cable, ensure that the wires are connected at both ends (Printer and router).
- To confirm that the printer’s IP address is correct, print the network settings page on the printer.
- If you’re using the Wireless or Wi-Fi connection, ensure that the device is linked to your router.
To validate your printer’s IP address, print the page for network settings. Brother is a printer brand.
If the issue persists, continue. Follow Step 3.
Step 3: Set Canon Pixma MX490 as a default printer (Windows 10).
- Open the Settings or Control Panel.
- Click on > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the icon to select the Canon Pixma MX490 printer, and choose Set as the default printer.
Step 4: Remove all pending documents from the queue for printing.
- Right-click on the symbol of the Canon MX-490 Printer.
- Click > to see what’s printed.
- Choose the Printer option from the window.
- Select > Cancel All Documents.
Step 5: Check the Canon Printer status in the Devices and Printers Windows.
- Assume the printer’s status is Offline on the Canon Pixma MX-490. Right-click on your printer’s icon, then select Check Printer’s Output > Printer > Print Offline (remove the check mark).
- Suppose the Printer’s status is”Paused. Right-click on the icon for your Printer> Check what’s printing, the Printer, and finally Stop printing (removes the tickmark).
Step 6: make sure there’s no duplicate or duplicate of the Canon Pixma MX490 Printer icon.
- It is not the original if you can find a copy from the Canon MX-490 printer. Canon MX-490 printer, then delete it from the list.
- Uninstall the Printer using your control panel.
- Download the most up-to-date drivers for the Canon Printer.
- Reinstall the Printer.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Question: Is there a most important reason my printer shows an error message that shows offline?
Answer: If your printer displays the error “Offline,” it’s a symptom of a technical problem. This serious problem could lead your printer to cease operating, preventing you from getting the printouts you need. The fundamental causes of this problem have already been examined. Low-ink, outdated Drivers Compatibility, and viruses, on the other hand, as well as Malware attacks, as well as Multiple Printing Commands are a few other plausible reasons for a problem with your Printer.
Question: Can I use the troubleshooting methods above on my old Windows 7?
Answer: Yes, you can use the above troubleshooting techniques for your Windows 7 without hesitation. All of the solutions we offer are compatible with all Windows platforms. Windows 7, 8, and 10 are the three versions of the Windows operating system.
Question: How do you get rid of the error caused by a jammed paper?
Answer: If you’re confronted with an issue with paper jams that are causing you to be concerned, be cautious. To eliminate paper jams, it is essential to adhere to these steps.
- Give no more commands if the Printer shows a paper jam error. Turn off the Printer as soon as you notice.
- Open the printer head’s door and take out the printer head.
- Then, pull the head of the Printer and then remove the jammed piece of paper.
- After that, wipe the paper head clean with a cloth before reinstalling it.
- Documents should be filed in the appropriate folder. To avoid the risk, don’t utilize the jammed piece of paper.
- Connect your Printer to the power source and give printing instructions.