It is the Amazon Fire TV is one of the most popular streaming media players in the market, allowing users to access a wide range of streaming content from a variety of online providers like Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more. Like other streaming devices it can transform your TV into an Android TV and allow you to use free streaming apps, as well as premium services that are a simple click away from the remote of your TV.
If you’re unfamiliar with firestick remotes and how to connect them to connected devices like an Amazon TV is a bit difficult. From installing the new TV to unlocking the Alexa voice control features of the firestick remote You may need to seek assistance from a professional to complete the task instead. Plus, what happens do you react if your Amazon Fire TV remote begins to malfunction?
This media player is truly one of a kind. However, you’ll be unable to use the features it offers without a functioning remote control. While it is a trusted device however, there are times that its remote could not be functioning correctly. That’s what we’ll discuss today , as we discuss the issue of a firestick remote that isn’t working in Amazon TV.
Replace the Firestick or the Fire TV Remote batteries.
The first thing you must do when the remote isn’t working is to think that the battery is exhausted. This is particularly true if you’re always pushing the buttons on your remote as it will consume the battery or it is a demanding task to perform. The first thing to do is switch the batteries to new ones.
- Make use of your thumbs to apply pressure to both sides of your remote. Push down until the back cover moves down slightly.
- Take the batteries off the back of the unit by lifting the cover of the back to remove it to the remote.
- For 20 seconds, then add 2 AAA batteries (preferably Alkaline batteries or rechargeable batteries).
- Remove the cover from the back and place them on the remote. Slide it down to snap it back into the right position.
If you’re not able to watch the TV shows, even though the remote is equipped with a new batteries, it could not be the cause. Therefore, you should continue to troubleshoot the firestick TV as well as the remote.
Connect on the Remote for the Fire TV
Sometimes, the issue is caused by the remote being not properly connected with the Fire TV. Like similar controllers Bluetooth devices, where you must go to settings, the procedure is different when pairing the Amazon TV remote or fire stick remote to your TV box.
To connect the fire stick remotes with your fire TV in a proper manner ensure that you follow the steps below.
- Hold and press the Home button to the remote at minimum 10 seconds. When you press and hold the Home key, it will connect the remote to Fire TV. Fire TV within one minute.
- If it doesn’t pair, then disconnect an adapter to power the Fire TV device or an outlet on the wall.
- If your Fire TV device is off Reset your Fire TV remote by pressing the Menu button, the Back button and the left part of the navigation rings at same time. Press all three keys for 10 seconds. This won’t reset the default setting on your Fire TV device. It takes away Fire TV settings from the remote.
- Take the batteries off the Fire TV remote and connect your Fire TV unit. Watch for the Home screen to display.
- Place the batteries back into the Fire TV remote battery compartment and then wait for a minute.
- If your remote hasn’t been paired, you might need to press the Home button in the remote’s control for about 10 seconds.
After pairing is completed Check to see whether the issue is resolved. Verify you’re in the right line of sight isn’t blocked. Another thing you’ll have to verify is the HDMI port on the back of the television. Unplug it, then plug it back in so that the cables are refreshed.
Verify your FireTV or Fire Stick remote compatibility
It’s not necessary to do this when the remote you’re using is from the box. If you did replace the remote with a brand new one or with a third-party remote, and then the remote ceases to work Try determining whether it is compatible with your specific Fire TV model (ex. Fire TV Cube and Fire TV stick 4K which uses a the 4K Fire Stick Tv Remote Not Working).
You can try using your Fire TV app remote
If you own either an Android or iOS device, then visit the individual app store ( Google Play and Play Store respectively ) and download the Fire television or Firestick remote application. When you open your firestick app on your tablet or smartphone it will allow you to manage the fire TV with Amazon’s Fire TV directly from your device, provided that it’s connected to identical network that you use for the Fire TV. The remote app may not function if you are connected to an alternative network.
If you’re interested in more details about the application you’re planning to download, continue studying the Firestick remote app for free guide. Everything you require to know will be included. After the download is completed you can start the app and play around using the app.
Replaces the remote on the Fire TV
If the remote is not working, replacing it or purchasing a new remotes is the last thing you’ll have to do if these steps fail to solve the issue. However, you can use your TV remote application. This implies that the remote you have has been damaged and must be changed with a brand new remote.
Remotes replacement for devices with fire TV are available on Amazon. Amazon Store. If you don’t have a store in your region you can place your order on the internet. A replacement remote is shipped to you when it becomes available. It might take several days for the item to arrive but they’ll surely inform you by email of the ETA Don’t forget to supply your current email address when you place your order. The shop usually provides 30 days of money-back assurance, so if concerned about receiving a non working remote, you are able to return the remote to them and claim your money back in the event that the remote does not work.