Kaspersky Internet Security is well-known for its reliability for safety and performance. This is why many people opt for Kaspersky Internet. But sometimes, there can be issues while installing the Kaspersky Antivirus not installing in Windows 10, which are annoying and causes a delay in work. While these problems may occur often, do not worry about solutions for them too!
Software Compatibility Issues
Nowadays, computer devices come in 64bits as well as 32 bits. While the devices that have 64bits processors can handle enormous amounts of data, the 34bits processor devices cannot control the same. If your device has a 32bits processor, you will likely face software compatibility issues. But first, you need to identify the processor that you have. For this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Press the Win key+ R button, as this will open the run command.
- Then type “msinfo32” and press the enter key. This will open the window showing the system information.
- Once the system information window opens, you will see a system type column that will show you the processor type.
License Not Found
You can sometimes see the “License Not Found” message if you have recently upgraded your Kaspersky Security software. In these cases, there are two upgrades required that you can follow:
- It would be best to upgrade the Kaspersky Lab application database in the first case.
- Then, it would be best if you upgraded the antivirus database.
Application Removed from Computer
If you update your Windows 10, there may be different bugs that come with the updates, which hides the Kaspersky application, as the application has become incompatible with your Windows software. In these cases, what you can do is:
- First, you have to remove the previously installed Kaspersky security application using the Kavremover tool given by Kaspersky Lab.
- Next, remove all the previous application databases, settings, or multiple applications.
- Finally, reboot your computer and reinstall Kaspersky security in your Windows 10 again.
Sign In Error
There is a standard error known as “Sign In As Administration Error, “ which occurs if your device has multiple users and is not signed in as the administration. If you face this issue while installing the Kaspersky product, click on the app and sign in as an administrator. If the problem persists, log into the primary user and install the Kaspersky security system. The sign-in administration feature allows the application to edit, update or delete data of the system.
Interruption of Other Security Software
Many of you may have more than one security software uploaded to your device while installing Kaspersky security. In such cases, there may be interruptions caused by the other software to your Kaspersky security application. The solution is to identify which application is causing the interruptions to turn it off for some time and turn it on after installing Kaspersky Security.
While Kaspersky offers excellent security services to your device, there can often be technical issues that are very irritating. To resolve such problems quickly, follow the tips mentioned above by Solve Your Issue!