Hotmail is one of the most commonly used platforms to send emails, but it may trouble its users. There are times when you will find that despite having a solid internet connection, you cannot send emails from your Hotmail account. You must pay attention to specific parameters while re-configuring your account, and you won’t be able to send or receive emails otherwise. Here’s a step-by-step guide on properly re-configuring your account.
Get the Correct IMAP Settings for Hotmail Account
Here are a few steps following which you can check your Hotmail account settings:
- Enter the full name you want people to see and the correct email address in your Microsoft account.
- Your account type will be IMAP
- Your incoming mail server is—IMAP-mail.outlook.com
- Your outgoing mail server will be SMTP-mail.outlook.com
- Then, you have to give your username and password as mentioned in your Microsoft Account.
- Using Secure Password Authentication, you must disable the necessary login (SPA)
- Enable the outgoing server and incoming mail server authentication.
- As an inbound server (IMAP), use 993, and for the encrypted connection, use SSL.
- Use TLS for the outgoing encrypted connection and 587 for the outgoing server (SMTP).
Once you are done checking the settings, you can try sending test emails to your friends or family to see whether it works.
Are you still having problems even after rectifying the mistakes during configuration settings? Then here are the probable reasons and solutions to them that you may find helpful:
Correct Email Address
Make sure that you compose the mail and send it to the correct and valid email address. If the email ID is not valid, then the mail will return to you with the message “email address not found.”
If you are attaching files in your mail, the mail might get undelivered. The file size is too large, and Hotmail supports only a limited file size. In such cases, you can either compress the file or divide the file contents into two separate files and send it again. But, always check for the authenticity of the attachments or links before sending them.
The Hotmail may so happen that it may not support the particular web browser you are using. This happens with ancient versions of browsers or too-news ones. Try opening other web browsers and check whether the mail works or not.
Hotmail has this feature where they put a limit on the number of emails that you can send. This feature helps prevent someone from sending tons of spam emails. This is also one of the reasons why at times, your messages might fail to get delivered as you might have surpassed the outgoing mail limit.
Hotmail has this feature where they put a limit on the number of emails that you can send. This feature helps prevent someone from sending tons of spam emails. This is also one of the reasons why your mails may fail to arrive since you have over your outgoing mail limit.