A frequent problem is the What’s wrong with my HP Printer not functioning Windows 10 error, which is not accompanied by any reason. In this article, we’ve explained the reason for this issue along with its troubleshooting procedures. If you find yourself experiencing a situation where your HP printer is not working, you can follow the steps provided in the section below.
Why Is My HP Printer Showing Offline Status?
HP wireless printer becomes offline when “Use printer in offline mode” is selected. This means that the user has to be sure that this option isn’t set. The procedure for reversing this problem is as follows; the process for rectifying this issue is as follows:
- Select the start menu and then click “settings.”
- Click on the ‘devices’ tab – “printer and scanners’
- From the printers listed, choose and then right-click on your HP printer.
- Then, deactivate the option from the menu. Your HP printer will go back to online mode.
Check that it has been set to “Set as default printer” to resolve HP offline printing issue.
If your HP printer is not working in your Windows 10 or any other operating system, try these troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue.
- Click on the Windows button, and then type in “Run.” Enter Control Panel in the dialogue box and click “OK.”
- Select the “Device and Printer,” and then see your HP printer. If the printer shows the green checkmark indicates that the printer is set as default.
- Right-click on the printer and select “Set as a default printer if you don’t.”
- The printer will now function, and the offline printer problem won’t be visible on the settings of your HP printer.
Check Printer Driver – Remove or Update Outdated Version
HP printer always displays an offline error when using a corrupt or outdated driver for your printer. Use these instructions to upgrade or reinstall the drivers on Windows.
- Visit the Windows search box, search for “Device Manager,” and click on it.
- Then expand the section that says “Printers.”
- Find your printer’s model from your expanded area and click ‘Right Click’ it. Then Update Driver.
- After that, select the search automatically’ button and allow your printer’s driver to update. After the process has been completed then, reboot your PC.
- If you’d like to install your driver, open the control panel, then select remove programs’. Then, uninstall your previous HP driver. Then, download the driver for your printer from HP’s site and install it. To learn more about this procedure, click here.
Following the above troubleshooting procedures, you will not have to worry about your HP printer being offline when you run Windows 10 or any other operating system.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer displays an offline message when the printer spooler is shut down.
- Then, open the “Run” dialogue box, start typing “Services. msc”, and click on “OK.”
- Then, from the items listed, look for “Print Spooler.”
- Right-click it and select the “Stop” option to pause the printer spooler service.
- Next, click on the address bar from the ‘Windows File Explorer’ and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer, and click on ‘OK.’
- Remove all the documents from the printer folder to clear the print queue.
- After that, go back to the “Print Spooler” right-click it, and choose the “Start” option to resume the spooler service.
- Finally, reboot your printer and computer, and the “HP printer Says offline” issue will go away.
These steps will assist users in bringing back the HP printer that was offline and back online using Windows 10 or any other operating system.
Other Important Factor Due To Which ‘HP Printer Shows Offline’
When your HP printer shows offline, you must take into consideration these aspects:
- If you have a wireless connection, ensure that your computer and printer are connected to identical wifi networks. Click here to secure your HP printer to the wireless networks.
- After the HP printer is set up on the computer, make sure to reboot your system so that the settings of the HP printer are saved.
- Low levels of ink and voltage fluctuations and non-compatibility are some other reasons that can make your printer stop working.
Check Your Wire Connection When HP Printer Offline
In some instances, the HP printer keeps going offline in Windows 10 due to an insufficient connection.
- Verify that both ends’ USB cable is connected to the computers and printers. If you’re bound to wireless, check that your connection between your router and printer is compatible.
- Ensure the power cord is in good condition without damage and is correctly connected between your printer and the power socket.
HP Printer Keeps Going Offline? Check For Network Connection Error
There are times when you may encounter the situation that your HP printer has stopped working.
- One of the primary reasons the printer goes off is its wifi connectivity problem.
- Another primary reason the HP printer is not working is that the printer’s IP address is not correctly configured on the laptop or desktop.
Thus, an error message pops up, stating, “Printer is offline.” Follow these instructions to ensure that your printer’s IP address is set correctly.
- Start the HP configuration screen.
- Click on the tab ‘networking’ in the settings.
- Choose an IP address from the drop-down menu.
- Select”Manual Setting” and correctly input the correct IP address.